Friday, August 29, 2008

Quote: Don't Trample The Smallest Work of Grace in Anyone

Busy in Alexandria... Here's a great quote for you to ponder.

The Jews would not willingly tread upon the smallest piece
of paper in their way, but took it up; for possibly, they say,
the name of God may be on it. Though there was a little
superstition in this, yet truly there is nothing but good
religion in it, if we apply it to men. Trample not on any;
there may be some work of grace there, that thou knowest not
of. The name of God may be written upon that soul thou
treadest on; it may be a soul that Christ thought so much of,
as to give His precious blood for it; therefore despise it
not.


S. T. Coleridge (1772-1834), Aids to Reflection, "Moral and Religious Aphorisms," XXVIII [1825]

4 comments:

Genna said...

Beautiful. I love this quote, and it gives me a heart for folks I know. Thanks!

Brian64 said...

Thanks Genna! I really liked this quote too. Encourages me to believe and have vision for what God might do in a person's life. Hope you guys are doing well. I am missing Joanne and the girls but tonight I got to play a little soccer with some Egyptian guys... I didn't play too shabbily for a 44 year old American. :)

em said...

Thanks for sharing this,

It does make me take a step back to think.

Interesting blog

Brian64 said...

Thanks for the comment Emma... I enjoyed perusing your blog as well. I like your name... have a daughter named Emma.