Thursday, October 09, 2008

Missing a Good Friend: Bassam Zawadi

A good friend of mine moved from Dubai over a month ago and I'm really missing him. Bassam Zawadi is a Muslim apologist and a good friend. Work took him back to Riyadh and I'm really missing our almost weekly dinners and discussions at Chili's. ;) To honor Bassam I want to point you to video of debates he did with a Christian apologist this summer in the U.S. I confess that I've not had time to watch them all. And you must know that I disagree with Bassam on many things including the divinity of Jesus and the authority of the Christian scriptures. And I have argued against him on many occasions.

Still, Bassam is a person of good character, he's helped me understand Islam, and I would urge you to check out his work. Here is his website.

Below are the first two videos posted on youtube... there are more but I'm sure you'll find them.



3 comments:

M said...

thanks for posting this. I went through his website and I must say, a weak Christian could easily be convinced of Bassam's arguments. What would be really interesting to read would be the "arguments" you've had with Bassam on Islam-Christianity.

It's nice to see you honoring your friend this way. :D

M

LDU said...

You left my query about the triune Christian God hanging...

Brian64 said...

Thanks M... I do know that many of Bassam's articles could lead people to conclusions that I would oppose. I hope I'm not leading anyone to those conclusions by putting the links here. I am in favor of people making up their own minds about what is true about God and the world and the afterlife. Unfortunately, many places and peoples don't encourage this freedom of thought by individuals. I think the truth will speak for itself and people who seek it will find it.

Idu... I will try to reply soon to your query... sorry for the delay. :)