Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Islamic Art at the Emirates Palace Hotel - Part 1

I will be traveling over the next two weeks but I don't want to leave you without some interesting posts here at Pixelated Pad and Pen so I've timed some pictures to show up from time to time while I'm gone. And who knows, I might even be able to post while we travel (we'll be stopping in Europe on the way back to the US).

You may remember the pictures I posted of the Emirates Palace Hotel recently. We specifically went to see an Islamic Art exhibition. It's called the Khalili Collection. Click on the link to Islamic Art and you'll see even better pictures than I was able to take. Nasser Khalili is evidently a new addition to the Forbes Richest list. He's a billionaire.

Nice art.

Photobucket

This war tunic has the entire Koran inscribed on it.

Photobucket

No comments: