Friday, April 04, 2008

"The Faith of a 13 Year Old Girl" - Christmas Eve Sermon


I am still trying to get some things up on the blog from a couple months ago. One of those is the sermon I gave on Christmas Eve. The title is "The Faith of a 13 Year Old Girl" and it focuses on the announcement that the angel Gabriel gave to young Mary.

I have four daughters aged 10 to 17 so I'm somewhat of an expert on teenage girls :)

The whole talk is about 22 minutes long if you want to know in advance. Hope you enjoy it. I enjoyed giving it.

(click the little blue triangle below to listen)

boomp3.com

3 comments:

M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M said...

Thank you Brian for posting this up. I remember I called you this very evening you were preparing this talk.

I had no idea Mary was only 13, so this was an eye opener for me, and I was glad you mentioned several examples of 13-14 year old girls getting married. I asked my grandmother as well, and even she said in her parents and grandparents' time, girls would marry as young as 12-13 yrs old.

Like you said, I think we have a lot to learn from Mary's faith, and that we too tell God that we are His servants ready to serve Him.

Hope to hear more "talks" from you.

Warmly,

M
ps can I post your post on my blog too? I will provide a link back to your blog. :D

Brian64 said...

Hey M,
Glad you enjoyed the talk. I enjoyed giving it! And yes, you can put this post on your blog if you'd like. Be my guest.
Brian