Monday, June 04, 2007

Six "Supertowers" in Dubai by 2015





















This report came out about a week ago and the graphic is a fun representation of what Dubai has 'up it's sleeve' in terms of super-tall buildings. The building on the far right is the Burj Dubai which is currently the tower to watch and targeting 169 floors. But the one on the left will tower above it at 180 plus floors. All of these towers will be under construction in the time frame from now until 2015.

Bigger, taller, faster, newer, more unique. That's the goal in Dubai.

p.s. Getting ready to head back to the US for a little while this summer so my blogging has been sparse. I hope to reward you a little more with more posts in the coming week or so. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Mansour said...

I personally think its madness that they are coming up with these mega structures. Do we really need them? It only feeds the ego of the people of this country. The bigger the better. I actually read into the Freudian theory of why men like bigger and taller structures, of which I will not get into right now. :-)

Hope you have a great time back home. I am glad I will be able to stay connected with you through the blog, and will always look forward to what's happening in your life in Dubai!

Mansur

Admin said...

Just blog hopping. can i have link exchange with you.
my link is http://www.paradisephilippines.biz
Thanks
;)

Anonymous said...

Not only that Dubai has the tallest tower in the world but I think Dubai will have more towers than any city in the world.